Here are some random thoughts on dreams.
1. If an Amritdhari Gursikh still dreams of doing Kaam related Kurehits, then it seems like the mind has not got imbued in Gurmat yet. As Gurbani and Naam cast effect on the mind, one totally stops having dreams or the dreams that one has are spiritual ones i.e. one gets Darshan of Gurmukh, Sants, or even Guru Sahib. One step lower would be to have Darshan of other spiritual beings or spiritual realms.
2. Many Gurmukhs say that having Darshan of Gurmukh Sants and Guru Sahib in dreams is the first step before having Darshan of Guru Sahibaan and Gurmukh Sants in Sargun Saroop. The ultimate Darshan are the Jyot-Vigaasi Nirgun Saroopi Sachkhandi Darshan of Guru Sahib and Vaheguru. Before Bhai Sahib had the ultimate Darshan of Vaheguru, he did go through a period where in dream or a dream-like state he had visions of spiritual realms. He also had Darshan of Gupt Gurmukh Sants e.g. the Darshan of a Bazurg Gurmukh after Bhai Sahib rejected the Sangat of Sulfa-smoking Aanmati Sant.
3. Even though having dreams of doing Bajjar Kurehits is a Nishaani or a sign of a mind not fully coloured in Naam and Gurbani, still it is better to have these Bajjar-Kurehit dreams than doing these Bajjar-Kurehits in actual life. No doubt, a Gurmukh who is submitted to Guru Sahib, gets saved from doing Bajjar Kurehits and if doing these Bajjar Kurehits is one of the Karma written on one's forehead, then Guru Sahib fulfills this Karma through a dream and one is saved from sufferring this Karma in real life.
4. A Gurmukh who does not sleep more than required, is engaged in Naam, Gurbani and other good Gurmat sewa-oriented Karams, does not ever see dreams at all and if he does have dreams, such dreams are only spiritual in nature.
5. Sometimes, in dream or a dream-like state, one sees scenes of one's past life or lives. Sometimes, the scenes of one's past life are mixed with current life and something new is created. The keen observers and analysts of such dreams are able to recognize past life scenes. Many times one finds out the past life relations with one's current life relatives and friends.
6. It should be noted that the people with whom we are related in this life, are not ones we have met for the first time. Most likely, we have had many many lives of relationship with our spouse, parents, children, close friends etc. Good and bad Karmic debts bring us together again and again. If we are to take Janam in the next life, it is unlikely for us to go to just any random family or net of friends. Most of us take Janam for Karmic reasons and we have outstanding Karmic debt against only such people whom we have met in previous lives. So one is almost always born in families and people one has known before, in previous lives.
7. Coming back to the topic of dreams, many dreams are result of our inner tendencies. We dream about what we can't do in real life.
8. Some dreams are a result of a strong event or inclination or thinking that we have been doing all day long. We see in dream what we have been doing all day long.
9. Some dreams, as mentioned before, are visions of our past life.
10. Some dreams are spiritual. As we progress spiritually, we have Darshan of Guru Sahibaan, Gurmukh Pyare, Avataars and other spirtual beings.
11. Sometimes Guru Sahib and Gurmukh Pyare deliberately give us a message or Darshan through our dreams. This is a sign of spiritual progress and one should intensify one's Abhyaas and Paath after this.
12. A sign that Guru Sahib has given us Darshan in a dream is that as soon as Guru Sahib comes close to us, we automatically start doing Swaas-Giraasi Naam Abhyaas. Even if Guru Sahib does not give us Darshan in dream but if He comes near us (but we can't see Him), we still would start doing Saas-Giraasi Naam Abhyaas. Even if we don't know how to do Saas-Giraasi Naam Abhyaas, it would still start automatically. This happened with Bhai Rama Singh, before he took Amrit. He had Darshan of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee and as a result of this Darshan, Saas-Giraasi Naam Abhyaas started in Bhai Rama Singh. So the Nishaani of real Darshan in dream is that when one wakes up, then too one's Saas-Giraasi Darshan is on in full force.
13. Guru Sahib sometimes cuts our Pralabadh Karma through dreams. Please refer to that Saakhi in which a king in his dream died and was born in a family of Chandaals (very low caste) and suffered immensely till he died in the same very dream again. It was actually a whole Janam that Guru Sahib cut, through one dream.
14. Many people are able to see future happenings in their dreams. So dreams are not always random wanderings of the mind. Sometimes the dreams are very meaningful.
Bhul Chuk dee Maafi jee.