170g/6oz caster sugar
225g/8oz porridge oats
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. In a saucepan melt the butter. Turn off the heat, and add the sugar and oats, mixing thoroughly with a spoon/karshee.
3. Line with greaseproof paper a deep 20cm/9in square or rectangle baking tin. (optional depending on ones bibek
4. Pour the mixture into the sarbloh thaal, and flatten with the back of the karshee.
5. Bake near the top of the oven for about 25 minutes. The flapjacks should be golden brown.
6. Cut immediately into squares, and leave to cool before turning out. Store in an airtight container.
Contributed by Vista jee