Before trying to figure where exactly we all should give our Daswandh, we need to understand the purpose of Daswandh. Siri Guru Sahib jee started the practice of Daswandh for the cause of Gurmat. The cause of Gurmat is Naam. In the light of this fact, any action that furthers the cause of Gurmat (i.e. Naam) is a worthy cause for giving Daswandh.
The following comes to mind at this time:
• Gurdwara Sahibaan are the pillars for spreading Gurmat. At Gurdwara Sahibaan people come and listen to Kirtan, Katha and chant Naam. It is true that funds are misused at Gurdwara Sahibaan now-a-days, but still Daswandh can be given at Gurdwara Sahibaan. Some people say that Gurdwaras don't do this and they don't do that. It is true that our Gurdwara Sahibaan can do much more but to do Kirtan Diwan in the morning and evening is not a small thing. It is a work good enough to deserve Daswandh.
• Gurmat books inspire people to come towards Vaheguru. Some books e.g. Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh jee’s books have inspired many to walk on the path of Gurmat. So giving Daswand towards this cause is justified.
• Many organizations are running Sikh centered schools to impart Gurmat to the new generation. Giving Daswandh to such organizations is justified.
• Many courageous Gursikhs sacrificed their lives for the Chardi Kala of Khalsa Panth. To give Daswandh to carry out their duties towards their families is a worthy cause for giving Daswandh. When given Daswandh to their families, it should be ensured that the families also stay in Sikhi. What’s the point of giving Daswandh to individuals who are going to use it on anti-Sikhi activities.
• Helping out Gursikhs who are stuck in jails for working towards Chardi Kala of Panth is justified.
In any case, the idea is to further the cause of Naam. One way or the other, the Daswandh must help or work towards spreading Naam amongst people. If Daswandh money does not help in getting people to japp Naam and keep Gurmat, then such Daswandh is wasted.
Bhul Chuk dee maafi jee.