I just found out that Bhai Kaur Singh jee who wrote many books on Sikh Rehit Maryada has passed away. Bhai Sahib was a very strict Sarblohi Singh and a very fierce supporter of Laridaar Saroop of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. Daas read his books about 15 years ago and it was his books that prompted me to keep Sarbloh Bibek rehit. Daas spoke with Bhai Sahib few times and he always used to answer Gurmat questions with patience and detail.
(Bhai Kaur Singh jee Amritsar)
In the recent years, Bhai Sahib got very weak but still by the Kirpa of Guru Sahib he kept strict Sarbloh Bibek. He used to cook his own meals.
Here are some of the Gurmat Teachings that he used to emphasize:
1. It is a must to be Amritdhari but it is even more important to be Rehitdhari Amritdhari. What's the point of being Amritdhari if one does not keep Rehit?
2. Sarbloh is the Shiromini Rehit of Khalsa. Without Sarbloh Bibek one can never avoid getting amalgamated. Without Sarbloh Bibek Rehit, there can never be unity in Panth.
3. All Sikh leaders should keep strict Rehit of Khalsa.
4. Gurdwara Act has acted as a disease for Khalsa Panth. Gurdwara Act brought the election process in Panth, replacing the Selection process.
5. The whole Panth should follow one Khalsa Rehit Maryada. There should be central Panj Pyare leading the Panth and these Panj Pyare should follow full Khalsa Rehit Maryada including Sarbloh Bibek. Only these Punj Pyare or one's authorized by them should conduct Amrit Sinchaar.
6. The Avatar of Kaljug is Siri Guru Nanak Dev jee - Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee. Everyone will seek their refuge. The Yug of Gurbani will come for sure. The time is not too far now.
7. Amrit should be given to only those candidates who agree to keep come in full Baana including two Kirpaan - one small one and one full size Kirpaan.
8. Amrit should be given to only those individuals who agree to keep Sarbloh Bibek and always wear Gurmukh Baana including 2 Kirpaans - one small one and one full size Kirpaan..
9. Only Laridaar Saroop of Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee is the true Guru.
10. All Sikh organizations of the Panth should be dissolved and there should be only one organization - Khalsa Panth.
11. Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee showed Khalsa Panth how it should be led. Guru Sahib appointed Baba Banda Singh Bahadur as the Jathedar of Khalsa Panth and he in turn was to report to 5 Central Punj Pyare who always remained with him. So long as this combination of Jathedar and Punj Pyare stayed intact, Khalsa Panth was winning. When this combination broke, Panth suffered many years of hardships and has been suffering till now.
12. After Baba Banda Singh Bahadur, till now, the combination of leadership that Guru Sahib showed us has not come into being and this is why the Panth is suffering slavery today. So long as we don't adopt this format of leadership, we will continue to suffer.
13. It is Guru Sahib's Hukam to first test and then adopt. Before accepting someone as our leader, we must do his Sangat to see if this person is following Gurmat Rehit - is he getting up at Amritvela? Is he following Guru Sahib's rehit? Only after testing we should adopt someone as our leader. Today no one sees the Sikhi jeevan of our leaders and this is why our leaders are weak in Rehit and therefore deceive our Panth at all times.
14. Today Sikhs show a lot of respect to Siri Guru Granth Sahib jee - they bow before Guru Sahib, they present beautiful Rumaalay but they don't obey Guru Sahib's Hukams. How can Guru Sahib be pleased with them?
15. Ones who consume meat and liquor are demons.
More will be written from Bhai Sahib Kaur Singh jee's books in the coming days. May Guru Sahib do Kirpa on Bhai Sahib's Atma that has left this world.
Indebted to Bhai Kaur Singh jee,